As we set our sites on the next stage of The Games season, the athletes behind the scenes are preparing their bodies for the next grueling test. We had a chance to catch up with PowerDot athlete, Josh Bridges. Check out what he had to say…
- You could compete as a Master's athlete, but you're choosing to compete as an Open athlete - Why did you make that choice?
I didn’t want a back up plan. My goal is to go to the games and compete to be the fittest on earth in the open division.
- What are some of the unique challenges for a more, shall we say, a "seasoned" athlete in terms of things like programming, performance, and recovery?
Just have to really focus on recovery more and be a little smarter about your workouts.
- What motivates you to keep training for, and competing at, the Games year after year?
I love it! I love competing. I love pushing myself to my limits.
- Do you have a post-Games ritual? Is there a specific meal you crave that you indulge in? Do you celebrate with your boys?
I typically try to go on a trip afterwards. Nothing crazy. Just get away and spend time with family.
- If you could spend the day with one celebrity, who would it be?
George Bush it would be amazing to hang out with him and hear some of his stories.
- If/When you decide to stop competing as a Games athlete, what would your next career be?
Not sure yet. Possibly a coffee roaster.
Follow Josh Bridges on Instagram at @bridgesj3