As we set our sites on the next stage of The Games season, the athletes behind the scenes are preparing their bodies for the next grueling test. We had a chance to catch up with PowerDot athlete, Camille Leblan-Bazinet. Check out what she had to say...
1. You injured your shoulder at the Games last year and had to have surgery. What have you done to make sure it's ready for this season?
I got a surgery and put all my focus on making my shoulder as strong as possible.
2. How has your approach to training and recovery changed since your first Games?
I mean the sport has evolved so much that the training also has to evolve... we are professional athletes in every way now... 24/7 is about training recovery, nutrition, and mindset
3. What's the biggest change in the CrossFit Games since the first time you competed?
How good everyone has become... everything is harder.
4. If you had to spend the rest of your life with only 3 people, who would they be?
My husband, my dog, and my twin.
5. You told me that your mom deadlifted something like 315# in the Master's qualifiers last year. Is that who you get your athleticism from? Is your family competitive with each other in CrossFit and sports in general?
Hahaha the funny thing is that my mom had raw strength but couldn’t catch a football to save her life 🤣 I love her but she can be clumsy ... my dad isn’t as strong but a lot more athletic ... I got a good mix of both of my parents
6. If you had to give up CrossFit and Weightlifting, what would your next choice of sport be?
I think mountain biking or skiing! I love going fast and the skill that those sport involve
- Camille Leblanc-Bazinet